A dancer’s makeup does look more professional with false lashes because they accentuate the shape of the eye and make the eyes look bigger providing that you don’t go too big with the lashes. I have seen way too many caterpillar lashes being used for dancer’s makeup. The audience does not need to be able to count your upper extended eyelashes cost! We just need to know you have eyes.
So, here is a simplified version of “how to properly apply lashes” for your dancer’s makeup look, and the book to follow a couple of decades from now:
1) Loosen the lashes from the container by peeling them off gently with tweezers.
2) If using a full band of lashes, PLEASE trim or they will be quite uncomfortable to wear. Your dancer’s makeup kit is completed by making sure you carry at least 2 pairs of lashes with you at all times for performances…just in case!
3) Drop a little puddle of extended eyelashes cost glue on a corner of the opened lash container.
4) Recap the glue.
5) Eenki Dip the capped glue top into the little glue puddle and draw a thin line on the extended eyelashes cost band. If you are using DUO Eyelash Adhesive, a little goes a long way. It is the best eye lash glue on the market and that is why it is the only glue I use whether it is for a competition dancer’s makeup or on a photo shoot.
6) Wait 30 – 40 seconds for the glue to get a little bit sticky
7) Line up the end of the lashes with the last natural lashes on the outside corner of the eye.
8) Apply false extended eyelashes cost to lash line.
9) Hold in place pressing the lashes in and up.
10) Use black, water-resistant mascara to coat and bind your natural lashes to your new false ones.
Please help those in need and pass this information on…you know who they are! A dancer’s makeup look does not need to look clown-ish, garish, or harsh. A dancers makeup look shows off big, beautiful eyes, radiant and healthy skin and a gorgeous smile. A dancer’s makeup look that is polished and professional gives the dancer confidence to go on stage and dance her little heart.
Jessica Dupont is a former Professional NYC Dancer and Makeup Artist. She owns JAM cosmetics, which is a line of ULTIMATE makeup for dance and cheer. Find out 4 secrets the pro’s use AND 3 things you NEED TO KNOW to look gorgeous and stand out from the crowd, by getting Jessica’s free dance makeup e-Guide at extended eyelashes cost